From our studio located somewhere in the depths of the 614, we are doing something a bit differently this week…
Influenced by the Ramones, the Columbus punk rockers in Joey74 have been playing around the city since 2014. And while they’re in the process of getting some of their new songs recorded, they didn’t have any of their music recorded that we could use on the show.
So, we decided to dig deep and find out what bands influenced Keith Cretin, Fred Riot and Jordan Chasteen when they were kids, fueling their desire to become musicians. We talk about the history of the band and their participation in the annual Ramonesathon in Columbus. Keith and Rick also wax nostalgic about a classic rock-n-roll dive bar in Boston, MA that saw many punk bands grace its stage over the years before its demise.
Music on this week’s show:
- Descendents – Weinerschnitzel
- Descendents – Ace
- Green Day – 2,000 Light Years Away
- Green Day – My Generation (cover of The Who)
- The Neighborhoods – Modern Cowboy (Live at The Rat, 1992)
- Ramones – R.A.M.O.N.E.S. (Live w/Lemmy Kilmister, 1995)
- Ramones – Do You Remember Rock ‘n’ Roll Radio? (Live, 1992)
The Cat Club Podcast with Joey74 – Episode 125